Table of Contents
What is Udemy ?
Udemy is a platform that brings a teacher and a student together. It is one of the best online platform for this purpose. it provides a large amount of support and free tool to instructors to build a course and monetize it. Anyone can create a course on udemy on any subject in which they are knowledgeable. Currently, Udemy has around 6 million students across 190 countries and offers courses in 100 language. its top 10 instructors have earned more than $15 million to date.
could you be the next millionaire educator ?
Do you want to be a renowned instructor and make money on udemy ?
If yes, then this post for you. In this post, I will discuss the roadmap to create a Udemy course which is appealing, reliable, and engaging. In this article, I will share how you can create and launch a successful course.
It is important to note that Udemy has more than 24000 courses, it is very hard to stand out from the crowd to capture the attention of the audience. Keeping the below-mentioned ideas in mind, it’s guaranteed that your course will attract traffic, even if you don’t have experience of the instructor.
1. Create an outline of your Course Content
1.Choose the right topic: You can either pick a topic which you are specialized in or you can check out the popular courses which are available on Udemy and choose a topic. You will find many available courses on Udemy. Watch and think about what is the one thing which you can offer that will make your course better or different than all the other courses.
2. Identify your audience: Determine the level of the course, whether the course is a beginner’s course or is an advanced course. Set goals for yourself and for your audience.
3. Pick an Effective Title: It is very crucial to have a course title which is short and descriptive. Optimize your title for keyword research. Also, decide how will you break down all the lessons and pick the title for each section.
4. Decide the format for the Body of the Course: for apply course on Udemy, You can teach in 6 different formats: Text, video, presentations, audio, documents, and mashup. Mashup (Video and Presentation) is the most recommended of the formats.
- Use 60% to 65% video for your course creation is the most engaging way of interaction
- Keep the length of each lesson between 3-11 minutes.
- Every lecture must have an introduction and conclusion about what will they gain in the end.
- You can always do quiz ups between lectures to make it interactive.
Once you are finished with the steps, Upload a test video on Udemy explaining your course and its material to receive feedback on your course.
2. Produce your content
To give your audience a spectacular feeling, it’s important that the quality of your lectures is excellent.
- Video Recording and quality: Your video has to be in 720p HD to publish your course on udemy. For that, you can use your smartphone, camera, tablet, or DSLR. And also ensure that resolution of 1280*720 or an aspect ratio of 16:9. For screen recording and editing, I recommend you to use Camtaisa. It is easy to use for anybody with a non-technical background. Prepare a script and rehearse a few times before you press the record button.
- Audio Recording and quality: For audio, use a quality microphone and make sure that the voice is clear and the background is free of any noise.
3. Perfect Your Content
After you are done with the above steps, you have already completed 75% of your course> however, the rest 25% of your course will be a major factor in deciding the success of your course. Without a good and effective landing page, it would be impossible for you to attract a potential audience.
The landing page constitutes four major portion
- Author Profile: This is where you tell your potential readers about yourself. It is recommended to have a detailed author profile as this can increase your CTR. Explain why are you qualified to teach this course and explain your past related works and clients. This will help you to create an authority.
- Course Image: The course image is present on the top left-hand corner of your page. You can get an awesome landing page designed from Odesk or Fiverr.
- Course summary: This is the most important section which highlights what will a student learn if he proceeds with the course. Focus on the reason why your course is different than the already available courses, and keep it easy to understand. Try to use bullet points as possible as easy to read.
- Promo video: Udemy advises to keep the promo video precise and simple. Highlight all important aspects of your course and don’t forget to include a call-to-action at the end of the video.
Lastly, decide on the pricing of the course. Offer a value for money course. It is most vital part for the success of your course on Udemy.
Once you submit the course, your course will be evaluated by the Udemy team based on their course quality and after that, they will send you suggestions.
Congratulations! you are now an instructor on Udemy
If you are all set to launch your first successful Udemy course, I recommended you to enroll for their free course. In this course, you will learn everything about launching & making your course successful.
Are you an instructor on Udemy ? if yes, share how you planned your content for Udemy and did it work for you.
How to launch your course on Udemy:
- Sign Up: Go to https://www.udemy.com/ and sign up for a free account. Now you will have access to millions of free and paid courses available on Udemy. You can either create a course or learn anything you want based on your interests. Udemy is simple to use.
- How to create your course: Once you have signed up, click on “browse courses” and “go to my courses“. There you will find a page that looks like the screenshot below. Simply click on “teaching”, and then “create a course”.
There are four P in launching your course in the marketplace:
Once you have followed the above steps, you are ready to step out into the Udemy and earn your fair market share as an instructor.
How the Udemy revenue model works:
For selling, Udemy offers different revenue models based on whether the lead is through udemy’s organic traffic, affiliate marketing, or entirely through the instructor.
- Udemy organic traffic: A 50%-50% revenue-sharing model will apply if the lead comes to Udemy through organic traffic.
- Instructor promotion: 100% of revenue from sales is given to the instructor if he has generated the lead. For this purpose, the instructor can create a coupon code and share it in his circle.
- Others: The revenue-sharing model will vary between 25% to 97% based on whether they lead to Udemy is through affiliates, ads, deals, etc.
Notice: Effective April 2016 all udemy courses will be priced from $25-$50 each. In addition, they will still run promotions for students, but the discount will be capped at 50% off.
Some important resources for Udemy:
There are many free resources available o udemy, which will guide you through all the steps in making your course.
- You can learn more about Udemy support here.
- You can also join the Udemy studio on Facebook where you can get feedback and help on your course.
This is all about how to create and launch a profitable and successful course on udemy. If you find the correct information in this post, share it with your friends and relatives on Facebook, Instagram and any other social media platform.
For further reading:
I am a indian part-time blogger. I am the founder of thetrendy business blogging website. I am a student and persuing bachelor in I.T. I like to write about topic related to online business,jobs, careers in many fields many more about these things. You can find all the legit information on thetrendy business.