Hey There! Welcome to our website thetrendybusiness.com. Today in this post we are going to discuss how you can delete/deactivate your Paytm account permanently or temporarily.
Almost all people from India are using Paytm now. It is India’s most famous and standard e-commerce payment structure company. Paytm has covered all the topics from clothing to flight tickets in one platform.
Not only e-commerce but Paytm is also known for good services in recharge, bill payments, tax payments, and others.
Till there are many reasons when you want to delete or deactivate your Paytm account permanently or temporarily. Since RBI made KYC compulsory for all digital bank users, all Paytm users need to complete their KYC with valid documents. So, the people who had created more than 2 or 3 Paytm accounts, are looking for a way to delete them.
Maybe your phone is stolen, or maybe your sim card is blocked or you just don’t want to use Paytm anymore. The reason may be anything, but the question remains the same, how to delete or deactivate a Paytm account.
So, those who want to delete their Paytm account please go through the full post and learn how to do it. Here we will cover all the methods so stay tuned with us.
Now, let’s get to our post.
Table of Contents
How To Delete Paytm Account Temporarily
In case you have lost your phone or your account details you can temporarily block your Paytm account. This would help to secure your account balance and would also maintain your transaction history. You can always unblock it later and get access back to your Paytm account.
To deactivate Paytm account temporarily, follow the below steps.
1. Download the latest version of Paytm app in your phone and login with the account you want to delete.
2. On the home screen, Click on “☰” at the top left corner.
3. Go to 24*7 Help section.
4. Now go to “Profile Setings“
5. Then select the option that says “I have lost my phone/changed my number”.
6. Continue the procedure. They will ask you to provide your account ownership details. Provide all details correct.
7. Then submit the block request.
8. Paytm will send you a confirmation message and soon you will receive mail and SMS that your Paytm account is blocked successfully.
For further reading – How to Become an Entrepreneur | Beginners Guide
How To Delete Paytm Account In Mobile By Old Paytm App
This is very simple and easy method. If you have old version of Paytm app then follow these steps to delete your account.
1. login with the account that you want to delete.
2. Go to profile section.
3. Then click on Contact Us.
4. Click on other option and write “Delete my Paytm account” in subject option.
5. Give a description of why you need to delete your account and finally Submit your account deletion request.
For example: Hey there. I recently lost my phone so I need to close my Paytm account and I want to create a new account. Please help me by deleting my Paytm account as soon as possible.
How To Delete Paytm Account Permanently By Sending Email
If you want to deactivate your Paytm account permanently and want to stop using any of Paytm’s services, just follow the below steps and you will get your Paytm account deleted within 2 working days.
Before proceeding, you have to follow guidelines provided by Paytm
- If you have balance in your account, then make sure to use it or transfer it before sending a request for closure. Balance transfer from your Paytm account to another Paytm account or bank account is allowed only after KYC as per the RBI guidelines dated October 11, 2017, Para 9, Point no. 9.1 (i) (g) and (k) (see applicable RBI guidelines here: bit.ly/ppiwallet)
- Closing your account unlinks your phone number and the associated login ID and password are no longer valid. Effectively, you cannot login to Paytm anymore with these tokens
- The PMLA (Prevention of Money Laundering Act) guidelines – section 12, point no. 3 & 4 (bit.ly/fiuindia) and PPI guidelines para 6, point no. 6.3 (bit.ly/ppiwallet) requires your transaction logs to be stored for a period of up to 10 years post the deletion of an account. This data is stored on servers located in India and would never be shared with any third-party. Only government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information will have access to this information, through a legally compliant data request.
After you understand follow these steps to go on.
1. Open the mail that is registered with Paytm account you want to close or deactivate.
2. Click on Create a new mail.
3. Click on the subject and then twrite “Please delete my Paytm account”.
4. Now write details about why you want your Paytm account to be deleted. Write a valid reason and provide a description with your account details like Paytm number, name, email, etc.
5. Also attach government registered ID like Aadhar card, PAN, etc.
6. Send mail to [email protected] and wait for them to reply and after some time your account will be deleted.
How To Close Paytm Account By Requesting Customer Care
This is one of the best methods available to delete the Paytm account permanently. You can contact Paytm customer care directly and ask them to close your account. This will work in most cases.
1. You need to call Paytm customer care with your Paytm registered number. Call the below number.
0120 3888 388
2. Then request them to delete the account. They will ask some questions like “why do you want to remove your Paytm account”, answer them carefully and ask them to close the account.
3. They will submit your request and you will get a confirmation message in your registered number and mail.
4. Your account will be deleted with in two days.
Also read : How to Make pdf Password Protected PC & Android
How To Delete Paytm KYC Account By Changing Paytm Registered Number
Instead of deleting your Paytm account, you can also change your registered Paytm number and transfer your KYC to your new number.
Follow these steps to do it :
1. First login with your Paytm account.
2. Go to your profile section and click on Edit profile.
3. You will see the phone number that is registered in your paytm account.
4. Click on update number and enter the new number.
5. Now click on save option and verify OTP you received in both numbers.
6. That’s all. Your old Paytm number has been removed successfully and your new paytm number is now linked with your account.
How To Delete Paytm Business/ Merchant Account
Paytm doesn’t have an option to deactivate the merchant account directly. You have to contact their customer care in order to close your Paytm business account.
Contact their customer care as I mentioned above. They will ask you to give all the details like why you want to delete your merchant account, your account ownership proof, etc.
If they are satisfied with your query, they will reply to you and will block your business account soon.
One thing to keep in mind that once you close as a merchant, you will not be able to register as a merchant from the same mobile number again. You will not be able to accept payment through QR code and your wallet to bank charges will be applicable.
You can also mail them to [email protected] requesting them to delete your account.
Deactivate Paytm Account Through Social Media
Now if you have taken all the above actions and none of them worked for you then you can also use social media and ask Paytm to deactivate your account.
All the reputed companies like Paytm are highly active in their social media platforms and they reply to everyone who shares any problem with them.
You can contact them through their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or whatever social media platform you like and ask them to block your account.
Just make sure to add the reasons why you need to delete your account and ask them to delete it. They will reply to you and will delete your account within a few hours.
How to Close or Delete Paytm Payments Bank Account
1. Open Paytm account in your mobile.
2. Then click on 24*7 Help & Support.
3. Choose a category you need help with > View all Category.
4. Then choose Saving Account.
5. Now choose Issue with my saving account > I want to close my saving account.
6. Your bank balance should be Zero or you have to upload a Cancelled Cheque Book to get the balance into another account.
7. Then click on the Message US. Now choose the reason to close your bank account.
8. Accept declaration and then submit the details.
9. Within 24 hours Paytm Bank Closer Expert Call You or Message. Now he will be proceed and your account will be closed within 24 to 7 days.
At the end, we hope you found the answer for your question. That’s all.
Hope you like this post on How to delete a Paytm account permanently. To get more knowledge about business stay tuned with us. Don’t forget to follow our all social media handles.
If you have any queries then you can just comment down below and let us know about those. Our team will respond to you within 24 hours.
I will be back soon with another exciting update. Keep following TheTrendyBusiness.
Also read :
- How to Download Call Recording App in Jio Phone
- How to Hack Dream 11 apk 2021? Tips and Tricks
- Winzo Gold App Review | Is it real or fake? | Full Review
- How to Download FAUG game for Android, PC, iOS | Pre-Registration
My name is Dhruv Vagadiya. I am an Indian blogger and pursuing the computer science field in L.D. College of Engineering.
I am the CEO of thetrendybusiness.com website. I like to write and aware you about different business ideas.