By creating a great event or series of events under one theme umbrella you give yourself a chance to speak with your customers, potential clients. And this is what Event Management is all about- communication. It’s a great opportunity to build relations and community around the brand you are representing. The most important thing is to think about the goal of these events which you want to achieve and the group you want to talk to.
What is Event Management?
Firstly, we need to know what is an event. Then easy to answer the question “what is event management?”.
For the simplest understanding about the event: Gathering the number of people at the place for conveying massage.
Ok, now we can easy to get out an idea for the main question.
Event management is a combination of processes that involves ideation, creation, and execution of an event. It requires an analysis of the brand’s current positioning, its TG, and an understanding of what needs to be communicated. With this data in place, the event is then conceptualized in terms of different touchpoints and what can be done to highlight the theme. Event management also involves setting up the right vendor base to execute the event. Also, combine innovations and technology to distinguish the event experience for the audiences.
What are the Types of Event?
So, many kinds, We couldn’t list them!
And then every event has some unique factors. Maybe it’s the people attending, or the music playing, or the venue, and so on.
Here’s a few
- Music festivals
- Sports Events
- Corporate events (e.g. product launches)
- Royal events (weddings, deaths, etc.)
- Street parties
- Meetings (may be small, but are still an event)
In our daily routine, we are celebrating plenty of events. But I am listing here major four categories such as
- Private Event
- Corporate Event
- Non-profit/Charity Event
- Live Event
Private Event is for individuals who invite their guests to arrive at their venue for some specific purpose or celebrating happiness or sadness. Privet Events is one of the best-earning sources in Event Management. Because it is a trending culture in most of the countries to organize Weddings, Birthday Parties, Festival gathering.
Wedding, Birthday, Festival gathering, School, Business, exhibition, and Trade show. Etc are examples of Private event.
To promote their business or products, We organize Corporate Events. A Corporate event specifically used to build relations between its employees and expand their business with trust-building. It is used for all sizes of business. For keeping your employees or business partners happy, In business, It is important to organize Corporate Events from time to time.
For example, Business Dinners, Conferences, Networking Events, Meetings, Seminars these are the example of Corporate Event.
Some examples of Business Events are:-
- Trade Show
- Incentive Trips
- Holiday Parties
- Appreciation Events
- Charity Events
- Board Meetings
- Product Launches
- Team Building Event
- Appreciation Events
Charity Event is organized for gathering funds, Foods, or raising money for some specific events such as auction, Social event, Sports event, Schools, and much more. with a purpose to help poor or incapable people, Most of Charity Events are organized by rich people. In a charity event, anyone can go and contribute their amount.
Charity Auctions, Blood Donation caps, Online Donations, Crowd Funding etc are the examples of Charity Events.
People can enjoy the live moment and cherish it. for instance, theater, music, dance, use production, DJ, lighting, special effects, packaging, communications, motivation seminar.
Also, we can include sports events in Live events, Some of the best examples of Live Sports Events are FIFA, world cup, worldwide entertainment (WWE), IPL. Rio Olympics games are one of the biggest examples of live events.
List of Best Event Management Courses:-
Let us take a look of some very good Event Management Courses:-
- Diploma in Event Management (1 year)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management (1 year/ PG)
- Diploma in Aspects of Media Marketing and Events (1 year)
- BBA in Event Management and PR (3 years/ Bachelor’s degree)
- MBA in Event Management and PR (2 years/ PG)
- Integrated (BBA+MBA) Course (5 years)
- To Learn Online
Subjects and Topics:-
- Finance Management:- In short, “Management in finance” involves the “professional oversight of investments, and/or the process of investing, on behalf of one or more parties”.
- Event Planning:- Ultimately, A great event planner must have strong organizational skills, as well as strong communication skills, strong customer service skills, strong problem-solving and negotiation skills, proficiency in database and budgeting software, and familiarity with social networking
- Budget Planning:- However, you have a big business team but without budget planning, you will not active success in any field of business. to control business, we must have a budget planning skill. it is used to generate more profit.
- Catering Management:- First thing to remember, the meal can change the mood of people in the event. So, make sure that your food serving service must be humble type. And also the quality of the food must be good at the event.
- Inter-Department Coordination:- If you are a manager, then your relationship with your implies must be good. Also, a mindset present when certain departments or sectors do not wish to share information with others in the same company.
- Human Resource Management:- Overall purpose of human resources (HR) is to ensure that the organization is able to achieve success through people.
- Marketing:- In short, awesome marketing pre-motivates your prospects to know, like, and trust you. those are the best customers. Also, marketing is the process of teaching consumers why they should choose your product or service over your competitors.
- logistics:- Generally, The meaning of logistics is to be organized into the movement of people and items for a flatter flow.
- Advertising and Promotion:- Firstly, advertising is one of the key elements of growing your business or company. Whatever the money spend on advertisements at the end of the day the company recovers it from the buyers.
Criteria for Eligibility
Firstly, to do the MBA course mentioned above, you must need a graduation degree (3 years or 4 years long). In case of learning the BBA course, you must need a 12th class (science, commerce or arts stream) schooling. And also, Graduates from any field may pursue this course. Secondly, for the diploma, you are eligible after 10th schooling on any board.
So, these are the criteria for Event Management courses.
Career in Event Management
After completing the Event Management course, one may take up a job in any of the many Event Organizing companies. Jobs are available in ample amounts! The world is rising each year, the number of events organized in different parts. This indicates that one will never find it difficult to get work.
Some common job posts and types available are-
- Event Planner
- Event Coordinator
- Manager of Event
- Logistics Manager
- Celebrity Manager
- Advertising and Marketing Executive
- HR Manager
- Brand and Image Specialist
- Resources Purchase Manager
- Finance Management Executive
- You can also start our own Event Organizing company!
How to Start Own an Event Planning Business
After doing so much research, we give a few key pieces for starting a successful Event Business!
- Develop a solid plan for business.
- Set a perfect marketing budget.
- Use a PR company if possible.
- Properly defines your scope of work, mission, and goals for event business.
- Completely do your market research.
- Give some time to learn tax laws and promoting business in your area.
How much does it cost to start an event planning business?
At least $15,000 to $40,000 you need to start a small event planning business.
Is an event planning business profitable?
It can be quite a profitable career choice. The best event planners will become popular with their company and be able to charge prices for their vision, creativity, and results.
6 Famous Event Planning Companies
Some inspiring and amazing events managing companies are shown below.
- Bassett Events, Inc
- Colin Cowie
- David Tutera
Hard work unless you have experience and access to good clients. Somehow you have to build a network of all the venues and other suppliers involved, otherwise, you are of no use to the client.
In Conclusion, Event Managers spend their lives planning memorable events for their clients and ensuring that these special functions run perfectly on the day. It is incredibly exciting, busy, and fast-paced career.
lastly, Hope this post is very helpful for you and your career. Well, I hope this guide helped you to understand about Event Management as a business. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask in the comment section below. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms to stay updated about our upcoming articles.
Also, you can check our previous article on Podcasting: Podcast for beginners : The complete guide
For future reading, How to make money by Network Marketing?
I am a indian part-time blogger. I am the founder of thetrendy business blogging website. I am a student and persuing bachelor in I.T. I like to write about topic related to online business,jobs, careers in many fields many more about these things. You can find all the legit information on thetrendy business.